- About us
- About us
- Professional Advancement
- Professional Courses
- Academic Council
- The Council of ICT College
- Teaching Staff
- Director’s foreword
- Accreditation 2012
- Undergraduate Vocational Studies - Curriculum 2012
- Specialist Vocational Studies - Curriculum 2012
- Undergraduate Vocational Studies - Accreditation 2007
- Specialist Vocational Studies - Accreditation 2007
- Organization of Studies - Trimesters
- Level of Education and Titles
DIGITAL AND FIBER-OPTIC TELECOMMUNICATIONS
Home >> DIGITAL AND FIBER-OPTIC TELECOMMUNICATIONS
The laboratory is equipped with modern, state-of-the-art devices manufactured by DEGEM (Israel). Eight identical workplaces, two students per one (16 workplaces in total), enable instruction on practical devices. Students are enabled to simultaneously verify the theory, as well as to measure and analyze the characteristics of system parameters. There are Practicums for hands-on lab exercises. On the present equipment, it is possible to realize about 100 different three-hour exercises in digital telecommunications.
The lab for Digital Telecommunications course contains several independent sections (baseband transmission, digital modulations, regenerative transmission, line coding, working with modems, optical telecommunication system line with Plastic Clad Silica fibers, modem).
The units offer modular approach and their combinations enable simulation of various real devices. DIGICOM units are accompanied with measuring units containing: -clock signal generators, - clock signal extractors (PLL), - phase shifters, - jitter meters, - signal inversion.
The coding technique, line coding in particular, is presented on modular units on which students can individually connect a coder of a corresponding line code. As all other units, these units also contain a large number of testing points which can record required signals.
The technique of regenerative transmission is presented on units of DIGICOM-1 series. The line is simulated by HF filter which can change its frequency bandwidth. The units contain a noise generator with flexible parameters. Eight identical units also contain simple jitter meters and PLL-clock signal extractors.
The fiber-optic units enable realization of 10 highly complex lab exercises: - Measurements of optical power and attenuation, - Measurements of forward bias voltage LED (IR,R,G,Y) parameters, - Measurements of noise in an optical chain, - Measurements on an optical transmitter, - Measurements on an optical receiver, - Measurements of levels, - Power budget in an optical chain…
It is possible to simultaneously configure four optical chains. A system can be forward biased through a service unit or by a signal from PCM terminal (using ELS2 unit from Commutation lab). All exercises are detailed in the Practicum which also provides the theoretical fundamentals of optical transmission.
- Sports achievements of our students
- Presentation of Master study programme of the University of Applied Sciences Wiener Neustad of Medical Informatics
- School Celebrated 40 Years of Graduate Education
- Certified Course for Specialists -"Advanced Techniques for Investor Protection in IT Industry"
- Promotion of the project Marketplace of Ideas
- TEMPUS – our students and teachers in the summer school in Hungary
- Diploma Awards Ceremony
- A visit to Cisco Systems Office in Belgrade
- A lecture entitled "Project of implementation of ATMs in the Post of Serbia" held in the School