- About us
- About us
- Professional Advancement
- Professional Courses
- Academic Council
- The Council of ICT College
- Teaching Staff
- Director’s foreword
- Accreditation 2012
- Undergraduate Vocational Studies - Curriculum 2012
- Specialist Vocational Studies - Curriculum 2012
- Undergraduate Vocational Studies - Accreditation 2007
- Specialist Vocational Studies - Accreditation 2007
- Organization of Studies - Trimesters
- Level of Education and Titles
Home >> CCNA course
CCNA program is a starting point in education offered by Cisco. CCNA certification which is obtained by taking the final examination of CCNA program has been one of the most popular IT certifications for the beginners who want to build their careers in the field of information technologies for years.
Organization of instruction
Teaching program is carried out through in-class instruction and hands-on practice exercises on Cisco equipment with the assistance of instructors and with the support of online assessment and interactive learning tools available on the Internet.
The students can learn at their own pace. The instructor takes the role of a mentor who monitors and assists the students in mastering the curriculum. The program contains 80% of general knowledge on network technologies, while 20% of knowledge is related to Cisco equipment. Complete teaching material is in English.
The core of the program is related to hands-on practical training carried out on network equipment and computers in a lab equipped with Cisco facilities. The instructions for lab exercises enable individual work and can be modified to meet students’ needs and instructor’s teaching objectives.
Chapters of the course
• Communicating over the Network, Protocols, Topologies, Standards
• OSI Model and OSI Model Layers
• Addressing the Networks, Sub-networks, VLMS
• Ethernet, Infrastructure Network Devices
• Cabling the Networks
• Cisco IOS Basics
• Monitoring and Documenting the Networks
Routing Protocols and Concepts
• Introduction to Routing and Packet Forwarding
• Static Routing
• Routing Algorithms
• Dynamic Routing Protocols
• RIPv1 and RIPv2
LAN Switching and Wireless
• LAN Design
• Configure a Switch
• Switch Security Adjustment
• VLAN and VTP
• STP and OSI Second Layer
• Implementing Inter-VLAN Routing
• WLAN Topology and Security
• Configuring a Wireless Switch
Accessing the WAN
• Services in WANs
• Frame Relay
• Network Security
• Access Control Lists (ACLs)
• Providing Teleworker Services and VPN
• PAT, NAT, DHCP and IPv6
• Troubleshooting Networks
During the course of each chapter, students take several exams which assess their advancement. Each exam contains about 25 questions. At the end of each chapter, there is a final exam containing about 60 questions. Questions include multiple-choice answers. All exams can be taken on Cisco website. The score report is available online immediately upon the completion of the exam.
All questions score equal number of points, incorrect answers do not get negative points. Instructors, together with students, can analyze the mistakes made at the exam and compare the score with the average value of all Cisco Networking Academies in the world. At the end of each chapter, students can do a Quiz, which is not scored, but enables students to check their knowledge. All exams are taken in English.
Upon completion of the course, students can take CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate) Certification Exam in one of the authorized Cisco testing centers.
CCNA certification is a starting point in further Network Certification Program and can follow two paths: troubleshooting and design of computer networks. Each of these two paths contains three levels: Associate (CCNA), Professional (CCNP/CCDP), Expert (CCIE).
Cisco Networking Academies are not authorized to certify students. On behalf of Cisco, certification is carried out by an independent company, Pearson VUE (http://www.vue.com), the leading provider of global computer-based testing solutions. Cisco Networking Academy students have a 70% discount when they take the CCNA certification exam for the first time. For further retakes, students pay full price.
- Sports achievements of our students
- Presentation of Master study programme of the University of Applied Sciences Wiener Neustad of Medical Informatics
- School Celebrated 40 Years of Graduate Education
- Certified Course for Specialists -"Advanced Techniques for Investor Protection in IT Industry"
- Promotion of the project Marketplace of Ideas
- TEMPUS – our students and teachers in the summer school in Hungary
- Diploma Awards Ceremony
- A visit to Cisco Systems Office in Belgrade
- A lecture entitled "Project of implementation of ATMs in the Post of Serbia" held in the School