- About us
- About us
- Professional Advancement
- Professional Courses
- Academic Council
- The Council of ICT College
- Teaching Staff
- Director’s foreword
- Accreditation 2012
- Undergraduate Vocational Studies - Curriculum 2012
- Specialist Vocational Studies - Curriculum 2012
- Undergraduate Vocational Studies - Accreditation 2007
- Specialist Vocational Studies - Accreditation 2007
- Organization of Studies - Trimesters
- Level of Education and Titles
Home >> Studies >> Specialist Vocational Studies - Accreditation 2007 >> Traffic Engineering
The study programme of Electronic Business is the response the School offers to the contemporary trends in the real business environment in our country. Having analyzed the syllabi of a large number of courses run at the undergraduate studies, it has been decided to offer students a new study programme, which has to integrate different knowledge acquired up to that moment in order to make our students more resourceful and competitive in the labour market.
The field of e-business is very wide and it comprises large sub-fields which more precisely define the issues and solutions in the contemporary business world. This fact influenced the choice of courses that are offered to students, as either compulsory or elective. Bearing in mind that students who enroll this study programme have different background knowledge, it has been decided to provide all students with basic professional knowledge of contemporary principles and technologies used in e-business through two compulsory courses, while the choice of the remaining courses is left to students to make on the basis of their own affinities. The most important segment of this study programme can be recognized in practical and individual work of students.
Practical skills in e-business refer to:
- mastering the processes and operations in business,
- usage of computer-network applications in e-business of banks, post offices and other organisations offering various services,
- usage of computer-network applications in other forms of business besides service offering,
- ensuring secure data transfer and
- managing processes
they also refer to:
- the ability of development and maintenance of computer-network applications in business.
Therefore, two compulsory courses Electronic Business and Electronic Services are introduced aiming to provide students with functional knowledge and particular examples of implementation in contemporary business environment. The objective of these basic courses is to acquaint students with solutions achieved up to the present as well as with new potential services. A special emphasis is given on the services and business operated in the developed countries, considering the possibility of applying them in our country as well.
Besides these courses students are offered a wide range of elective courses which they can choose to create their own specialization. These more specialized fields are: programming, management, security or technology.
The courses that belong to the group of programming courses include currently most commonly used state-of-the-art software packets (Visual Studio, Java, PHP,…). A special attention is paid to comprise both licensed as well as open code software programs, in order to enable students to become acquainted with all advantages and disadvantages of a particular solution. The objective of these courses is to train students to design individually either parts or complete business applications created for all types of e-business. These courses also cover advanced technologies of processing and storage of large amounts of data. As a result, students become ready to work with real data and to write various types of reports.
In the field of management students can choose at least two courses which analyze all crucial problems in organization and technology and risk management. A special attention is devoted to the integration of courses and interweaving of contents, thus it is difficult to define a single field of study or a single course, which represents the clear advantage of this study programme. Security and legal aspects are key elements of every business, especially of e-business, particularly bearing in mind potential misuses of the Internet. Students are, therefore, offered two courses which focus on the solutions of these potential problems. Besides these business-oriented courses, students can opt for several courses providing knowledge in the fields of information transfer, infrastructure and software and hardware configuration, as a necessary prerequisite for a successful data transfer.
At the end of the specialist studies, students take two compulsory courses Specialist practical training and Specialist thesis. The objective of these courses is to provide students with the opportunity to integrate and relate the acquired knowledge functionally and to present it through the defense of the Specialist thesis.
All courses contain practical training carried out in laboratories or through project design. Moreover, a large number of training hours is devoted to specialist practice which should enable students to integrate into business processes and to get ready for individual work. Specialist thesis is approved by the Teaching Board of Studies and defended before a three-member Examination Board.
By completing specialist study programme of Electronic Business, students acquire the following general abilities:
- to analyze, synthesize and foresee the solutions and consequences;
- to apply knowledge in practice;
- to improve communication skills and capabilities as well as to cooperate with related social and international environment;
- to abide by the code of professional ethics.
In our country, e-business has expanded over the past several years. However, there is an incessant demand for skilled professionals in this field. Skilled professionals in the field of e-business are people able to define processes and operations in business and to use appropriate applications in business as well as to improve and maintain these applications. The purpose of the specialist study programme of Electronic Business is to train students to become specialists in this growing field faced with a shortage of experts.
- Sports achievements of our students
- Presentation of Master study programme of the University of Applied Sciences Wiener Neustad of Medical Informatics
- School Celebrated 40 Years of Graduate Education
- Certified Course for Specialists -"Advanced Techniques for Investor Protection in IT Industry"
- Promotion of the project Marketplace of Ideas
- TEMPUS – our students and teachers in the summer school in Hungary
- Diploma Awards Ceremony
- A visit to Cisco Systems Office in Belgrade
- A lecture entitled "Project of implementation of ATMs in the Post of Serbia" held in the School