- About us
- About us
- Professional Advancement
- Professional Courses
- Academic Council
- The Council of ICT College
- Teaching Staff
- Director’s foreword
- Accreditation 2012
- Undergraduate Vocational Studies - Curriculum 2012
- Specialist Vocational Studies - Curriculum 2012
- Undergraduate Vocational Studies - Accreditation 2007
- Specialist Vocational Studies - Accreditation 2007
- Organization of Studies - Trimesters
- Level of Education and Titles
Home >> Studies >> Undergraduate Vocational Studies - Accreditation 2007 >> Internet Technologies
The aim of the study programme of Internet Technologies is to enable students to acquire knowledge and master skills related to the Internet. There are two major groups of courses: computer networks courses and software engineering courses. Students have compulsory courses in both fields of science and they can further orient themselves to a specific field by choosing elective courses, according to their interests. There is also a group of general education courses as well as a few elective courses belonging to other study programmes in the School which fit into the concept of the study programme of Internet Technologies.
The courses in the field of computer networks enable students to study the functioning of computer networks, in other words, the Internet. Students acquire knowledge in network protocols, i.e. the communications rules in computer networks, and network devices which enable connection and proper work of computer networks.
Special attention is devoted to the acquisition of practical knowledge, which is achieved through the individual work of students in the modern and well-equipped computer networks laboratory. In this lab, students work in real conditions: they connect computer networks, configure network devices to generate optimum network performance, control and verify the results. On the basis of acquired knowledge, students are trained to design local computer networks according to specific requirements.
Students can also attend local Cisco academy in the School, which is harmonized with the regular teaching classes. This is highly recommended to students who opt for the field of computer networks because, after graduating from the School, they will be prepared to obtain CCNA certificate.
There are 8 compulsory and 6 elective courses in the field of software engineering. First, students take two vocational courses: Programming fundamentals and OOP-Java 1, which provide students with the basic knowledge in the area of programming. Then, students take two compulsory courses in both databases and web programming. Finally, students can opt to master their knowledge in programming and web programming by choosing 6 elective courses.
At the end of the study programme, there are two additional compulsory courses, Practical training 1 and Practical training 2, which are realized through the individual work of students. On these courses, students may choose to either work in a lab (chosen areas in computer networks), or to design a project in programming or web programming, i.e. databases.
Since our School is a member of Microsoft Academic Alliance, our students can install and use all Microsoft operating systems and all programming tools on their home computers free of charge.
Special advantage can be recognized in the trimester organization of teaching in the School, which means that three years of studies have nine trimesters. This enables a logical sequence of courses which allows students to gradually acquire knowledge, from basic vocational courses to courses through which they complete their professional advancement in the School.
- Sports achievements of our students
- Presentation of Master study programme of the University of Applied Sciences Wiener Neustad of Medical Informatics
- School Celebrated 40 Years of Graduate Education
- Certified Course for Specialists -"Advanced Techniques for Investor Protection in IT Industry"
- Promotion of the project Marketplace of Ideas
- TEMPUS – our students and teachers in the summer school in Hungary
- Diploma Awards Ceremony
- A visit to Cisco Systems Office in Belgrade
- A lecture entitled "Project of implementation of ATMs in the Post of Serbia" held in the School