The aim of the study programme of Internet Technologies is to enable students to perform jobs in the fields of computer networks, databases, programming and web programming. The study programme of Internet Technologies has four modules which students choose in the second year of their studies in accordance with their own interests. These modules are established to meet the needs for different types of professionals in the field of ICT. The student can choose one of the following modules: Web Programming, Computer Network Administration, Medical Informatics and Information Technologies.
Therefore, upon completion of the studies, students can opt to work as a: computer network administrator, system engineer, database administrator, programmer or web programmer. In the first year of studies, which lasts for three trimesters, all students have the same compulsory courses in the field of computer networks, databases and programming. Then, from the second year of studies the students choose one of the four modules.
In each module, students can choose not only elective courses specialized for that particular module, but also some elective courses that belong to other modules, which enables them to achieve additional competencies and gives them the opportunities to get jobs in other fields, as required in the labour market of the Republic of Serbia.
The courses in the field of computer networks enable students to acquire knowledge in:
- network protocols, i.e. rules for communicating in computer networks
- network devices and network operating systems
- planning and design of computer networks
- computer network security
- computer network administration on Linux and Windows server operating systems
- Special attention is devoted to the acquisition of practical knowledge, which is achieved through the individual work of students in a modern and well-equipped computer networks laboratory. In this lab, students work in real conditions: they connect computer networks, configure network devices to generate optimum network performance, control and verify the results. Students are trained to design local computer networks according to specific requirements.
Students can also attend at the ICT School, which is synchronized with the regular teaching classes. Local Cisco Academy is highly recommended to students who opt for the field of computer networks since, after graduating from the School, they will be prepared to obtain CCNA certificate.
The courses in the field of software engineering enable students to acquire knowledge in:
- methods and tools used for the programming of web and desktop applications
- database design and implementation: SQL server, Oracle, MySQL, MS Access
- database administration
- object-oriented programming: .Net framework, C#, Java
- web programming
- web page design
- multimedia graphics and animation
Since ICT School is a member of the Oracle Academy students can attend specific Oracle courses and acquire certificates in databases.
After completing the study programme of Internet Technologies, a student acquires a professional title with an indication of the title of the first degree of applied studies in the relevant field: Engineer of Electrical and Computer Engineering - Bachelor (appl.).
All students activities are rated according to the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS), (European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System, ECTS), so that each trimester is awarded 30 ECTS credits. The basic applied studies last for three years, that is, nine trimesters and they award 180 ECTS points. The studies were conducted in the form of class-based teaching (face-to-face) in Serbian. The study program is realized within the field of technical and technological sciences, the field of Electrotechnical and computer engineering.
After completing basic applied studies, a student is appointed a title of engineer of electrical and computer engineering (Bachelor appl.). According to the National Framework of Qualifications of the Republic of Serbia (NFQRS) the completion of basic applied studies is achieved at the sixth level, sub-level one (level 6.1). The condition for acquiring this level is previously achieved level 4 of NFQRS and passed general, professional or artistic graduation.
Teaching and exams
Teaching is performed using one-trimester courses. Students activities during the trimester (pre-examination obligations), such as colloquiums, seminar work and homework, are scored. The ratio of the number of points earned in pre-examination and exams is determined for each subject individually, with pre-examination obligations participating with at least 30 and up to 70 points. The final exams are placed in the School within the appropriate exam terms, which are: December, April, June, July, September and October. By completing preliminary exams and taking the exam, a student can earn a maximum of 100 points, with a score of at least 51 points for a grade of 6, a score of 61 points for a grade of 7, a score of at least 71 points for a grade of 8, a score of at least 81 points for a grade of 9 and a score of at least 91 points for a grade of 10.
Goals and outcomes
Internet Technologies study program aims to enable students to acquire professional knowledge and skills in the field of network and software technologies, necessary to solve complex problems in real work environment.
The objectives of Internet Technologies study program are to qualify professional and competent personnel for the purpose of:
- computer network administration;
- Web programming;
- object-oriented programming;
- databases design and administration Linux and Windows system administration.
By mastering Internet Technologies study program, the student acquires general and subject specific skills:
- to administer computer network;
- to implement and develop server-side and client-side programming as well as stand-alone applications;
- to design and manage databases;
- to administer Linux and Windows systems.
Continuation of studies
After completing basic applied studies, a student can enrol in master applied studies.