The ICT College of Applied Studies (Work permit, No. 620-00-579/2007-04 dated June 15, 2007, issued by the Ministry of Education of the Republic of Serbia) started its operation in 1974 within the School PTT Center, as the Higher Education Technical PTT School.
Since January 16, 2003, the founder of the School, as an independent higher education institution, has been the Government of the Republic of Serbia.
School PTT Centre was established on September 6, 1961. The Decision on the foundation of the Centre, comprising
• Higher education PTT school
• High PTT school
• School for highly skilled workers
• School for practical training in telecommunications
was issued by the Association of PTT Traffic Enterprises in Belgrade.
School PTT centre operated as a unique institution composed of Higher Education Technical PTT School, High Technical PTT School and High PTT School Dormitory.
Many years have passed, many generations have graduated from the School, and we are still here. Our laboratories are new, the study programmes are new, yet our wishes have been the same - to educate and train our students for professional work. Numerous awards and certificates of our students speak in favour of our success.
On January 16, 2003, three independent institutions were established, pursuant to the decisions issued by the Government of the Republic of Serbia.
• Higher Education Technical PTT School
• High Technical PTT School
• High PTT School Dormitory
The School continued its education work as an independent higher education institution offering two study programmes:
• PTT Traffic
Along with the advancement of the existing curricula, a new study programme was introduced in 2003:
• Internet Technologies
The School introduced another study programme in 2005:
• Medical Informatics
In 2003, pursuant to the Decision of the Government of the Republic of Serbia („Official Gazette of RS“, No. 76/2003), the School changed its name into: Higher Education School for Information and Communication Technologies.
Since its establishment, a large number of students have graduated from the School and gained a considerable degree of professional knowledge in the field of information and communication technologies. Many students have been awarded for their Diploma theses.
A special attention should be paid to the outstanding success our students have accomplished in various sports. The School has always supported love for sports and provided facilities and equipment for training courses.
Having received the work permit issued on the basis of the Certificate of Accreditation of the higher education institution received from the Commission for Accreditation and Quality Assurance on 27th April 2012, the School (now operating under the name ICT College of Applied Studies) accredited three undergraduate study programmes and two specialist study programmes.
Undergraduate study programmes:
- Internet Technologies (Three modules: Computer Networks, Web Programming, Medical Informatics)
- Postal and Banking Technologies
Specialist study programmes:
- Electronic Communications (Three modules: Network Technologies, Electronic Business, Software Engineering)
- Traffic Engineering
Due to the rapid development of information and communication technologies and the fact that the accreditation period of four years is a lengthy period in such a dynamic field of science, the ICT College modernized and innovated its curricula within the last accreditation period. The innovations received excellent feedback from the Commission for Accreditation and Quality Assurance and in 2017 the ICT College of Applied Studies successfully accredited:
Four undergraduate study programmes:
- Internet Technologies (Four modules: Web Programming, Computer Networks Administration, Medical Informatics, Information Technologies)
- Postal Logistics Systems
- Communication Technologies (Two modules: System Engineering, Engineering Management)
- Banking and Business Informatics
One master study programme:
- Network and Software Engineering
The Government of the Republic of Serbia adopted a Decision on the Establishment of the Academy of Technical and Art Applied Studies Belgrade (ATUSS) in 2019. It is set in the Decision that ATUSS is to be established as a merger of five existing higher education institutions of applied studies, namely: School of Electrical and Computer Engineering of Applied Studies in Belgrade, School of Applied Studies for Information and Communication Technologies in Belgrade, School of Civil Engineering and Geodesy of Applied Studies in Belgrade, School of Railroad Transport of Applied Studies in Belgrade, and the Textile School of Applied Studies for Design, Technology and Management in Belgrade.
All five schools comprising ATUSS are now to be departments within ATUSS, with the following names and seats:
- Department School of Electrical and Computer Engineering in Belgrade, 283 Vojvode Stepe St.;
- Department School of Information and Communication Technologies in Belgrade, 16 Zdravka Celara St.;
- Department School of Civil Engineering and Geodesy in Belgrade, 2 Hajduk Stankova St.;
- Department School of Railroad Transport in Belgrade, 14 Zdravka Celara St.; and
- Department Textile School for Design, Technology and Management in Belgrade, 24 Starine Novaka St.,
The Ministry of Education, Science and Technological Development issued a Work Permit for ATUSS.